Ancient Order Of Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancient Order Of Doom - World of Warcraft Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello everyone :)

Go down 
+2
Alexx
Celador
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex

Hello everyone :) Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Alex here Smile It's been a while, guys Wink)
cheers
I've sent a big letter to Wolwe, so he should be aware now anytime soon Smile
Aah, it's good to be somewhere you feel in place... Smile And there's actually a big part of me that feels here in place. Smile I'm still looking around but I feel like staying around now Smile
It's very warming to see you Smile The many familiar people Smile) Daven, Delu, the lady Sharrona, Sherrah, Mortiil, Celador... Smile Many salutations! Smile) And greetings to everyone I haven't met before, nice to meet you Smile) I've been thinking much about everyone here lately, and remembering the good ol' times Smile
So, how are you? How has it been? Smile Myself, I'm totally fine; sorting things out from time to time Smile I'm still into teaching Statistics at the academy and I've resumed attending the kobudo group that I'd left behind a couple of years before even coming to WoW (and felt sorry about it all along the way, another part of me that had been feeling misplaced all that time), this one you're yet to know about Smile) There's other things, like, working with images digitally, drawing, a bit of writing, a bit of designing, etc., but mostly for fun Smile
Well, really feeling glad to see everyone Smile
Helloes,
sincerely,
Alex Smile
Back to top Go down
Celador

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:20 pm

=D Hi Alex good to see you again!!!
Back to top Go down
Alexx

Alexx

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Hey there Cel Smile Good to see you again! Yes, I'm back Smile Much to tell, but all in its good time Smile)
And, to continue the tradition, I'll use something from this summer's picnic for the avatar Smile This is a standard 20-kg sports bow; we'd wasted some arrows there, belonging to the guy of the group, who came up with the whole idea Smile So perhaps for the next barbecue everyone will bring an arrow with him/her self. Smile

Well, not yet totally back, but should take time on this... Smile And I've regained the access to my account Smile
Back to top Go down
Alexx

Alexx

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm

But the whole thing was about everyone cutting plastic bottles:
Hello everyone :) IMG_4549

Swordsmanship skill +1 Smile
Hello everyone :) IMG_4552
Back to top Go down
Sacide

Sacide

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:21 pm

OH.
MY.
GOD.

ALLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!1

It's Sherrah here... by the lords myself and the orignal AooD miss you so much! (specially me!!!)

How have you been!?!!!!!!! It's been like, 3 years since we and everyone else last spoke to you... im just so glad you havent forgot us

much hugs, loves, kissies, whatever
~Sherrah
Back to top Go down
Alexx

Alexx

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey Sherr Smile It's been a while Smile
Yeah, I greatly missed everyone too... But now it's possible for me to stay with you Smile There's always a fine line, even if I need to attend to some other things in life Smile Aargh, it's hard to explain, maybe some time later Smile I could just tell that this part of my life is valued the same Smile
I've actually knew everyone was out there somewhere, and the thought of this was warming Smile Hey, of course I remember!! Smile) I couldn't forget anything, I never tried it, it's not what I'd want to do Smile
I am actually making steps to rejoin you, so... Smile

Last edited by Alexx on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacide

Sacide

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 pm

We all eagerly await your return!
Back to top Go down
Alexx

Alexx

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Yup, same goes for* me Smile
Back to top Go down
Alexx

Alexx

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:09 pm

And it really feels so good to come back Smile To see everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Sacide

Sacide

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:10 am

By the way Alex..

You owe me over three years of stories, books, tales, and whatnot!

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Alexx

Alexx

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 am

I actually do Smile
Got them on me. Smile I'll tell everything over time Smile

Along the way I've stumbled upon the very first website of the Order, so there's also much information to fill everybody in with Smile I've recovered the access to it, too, so now I can precisely tell when the AOoD ("The Order of Doom" back then) actually was established, what was happening there in the beginning, and whatnot; I'm thinking about making something like chronicle or annals; we'll decide on that some time soon... Smile And it does have a history. There's an actual prehistory even. Smile Worry not, I'll fill you in on everything yet Smile

Well, what I've been doing was writing the thesis (the major thing to do), and just sorting out some other things in life. I've read a few quite exciting fiction (like Bujold's Barrayar chronicles), training, learning, some hacking (aww, only on the special web-based hacking game about a government organization defending against hackers with their own weapons; mod-x.co.uk :-) I was into it just to keep my mind busy; that was quite brain-twisting and enlightening Smile Tells about a actually it doesn't teach any things how-to, it teaches the mind to explore an issue and ask proper questions that lead to the answer; like a good riddle. Some zen experience I must say Very Happy

Actually a year ago I've began to search for the traces of AOoD and it took me almost no effort as this site has already been intact Smile So I've been "floating around" every now and then; 'lurking in the shadows' Very Happy, but knowing I can't be there yet, and so I was taking my time to wait.

A few things happened that required me of taking a 'faith jump'; and then, in late autumn 2009 right when I was going to finish the thesis and defend it, my appointed scientific adviser (a man of brilliance, I must say...), fell terribly sick and nobody knew if he'd actually survive it; perhaps it's the intuition or something like spiritual guidance that kept telling me to carry on, to not loose hope and to try to remain in higher spirits, and do everything I can of what I can do without him actually being present; so I gathered myself (I was very upset but pushed myself to do anything) and made it. Smile The adviser, thank Lord, has recovered from the disease (this summer only), he's still recovering but he's alright.

Actually the last two years were about keeping good faith and trusting those very important to you; breaking many illusions and gaining a new sight of things...

Half a year after I left WoW back there in 2007, I returned to my training, which I missed quite much.
Here's a sample of what it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INz6ONC6QDs
The full title is Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto-Ryu, Katori or Katori Shinto-Ryu for short. It's a style of fighting with traditional japanese weapons that originated from a place called Katori (hence the name)...
I've been into it before, but had to leave it for some reasons. I've missed it much, and I've missed our sensei; he's a very nice man; but for some time I had been thinking very wrong of him that he wouldn't let me back (to this day I still can't help laughing at those former thoughts of mine Very Happy). Then a person I knew in life and online came in to icq all of a sudden, and said "We all can disappear from time to time; that happens; and if you do want to return, methinks your sensei will be only happy about this". This was very inspiring and I returned there. Smile That very moment I felt like something long misplaced had just come back in place, and it was a very bright moment.

Well, that's my story Smile At least the brief of it Smile
Needless to say I continued to miss everyone, and hoped that some day the moment will arrive to rejoin you Smile
As I'm writing this, I'm getting the impression that some part of me never left, and what happened was just regaining contact with it Smile Anyway, that's that Smile I'm here and so happy about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carious

Carious

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Hey there!

I really hope you will return Alex! Heard people say a lot of well things of you.

Love from Cari Smile
Back to top Go down
layloww

layloww

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:56 am

Cari you slacker ! He's back ^^
Back to top Go down
Carious

Carious

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Owww, guess it`s just me who aint back then.. :>
Back to top Go down
wolwerine

wolwerine

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:07 am

Cari i thought you were busy working, but from your new photo i see it is drinking what makes you busy these days... drunken
Back to top Go down
Carious

Carious

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Hahahaha!
Well, been busy doing both xD + studying!
but well, i miss wow, so gonna buy a gamecard today, I think :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone :)   Hello everyone :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ancient Order Of Doom :: Public Area :: Open/Public Chat-
Jump to: